I love making these with the kids at Christmas and we wrap them up in cellophane bags to gift to all the relatives on Christmas Day! I made them recently for the school Christmas fair and they sold out quickly.
Makes approx. 40 cookies Prep time :30 mins Ingredients:
125 g pecan nuts
125g icing sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
250g plain flour
Icing sugar to dust afterwards Method:
Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Toast the nuts in the oven for approx 15 mins, until crunchy and lightly toasted.
- Beat together the butter, sugar and vanilla until creamy.
- Chop the toasted nuts in a food processor until finely chopped.
- Mix nuts into butter mixture.
- Gently mix the flour into the butter and nut mixture.
- Roll into balls, approx. 1.5cm diameter and place onto non-stick baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 mins, until lightly golden.
- Toss in icing sugar when cold and serve up or wrap as gifts.